Given the wide variety of body frames that are common among Indian girls and women, there are a number of bra sizes in India. Finding the right size can be quite difficult for many girls; in fact, it is estimated that over 80% of the women in the country wear the wrong size of support.
That being said, it is also important for the breasts to be bra-free for at least 12 hours daily. This helps to improve the lymph glow, and keeps the breast tissue healthy.
While looking for a well-fitted bra, it is best to go to a professional, who understands the entire process of fitting. In case you’re interested to find the best bras for yourself on your own, let’s begin by understanding the process of finding the right band length.
Most girls tend to go for a band that is far too large for them, which is undoubtedly one of the most common errors made while looking for a suitable fit.
The best way to find your band size is to have someone measure, using a tape, the inches around your chest, from just under the breasts, around to the back. Ensure that the tape is stretched tight on your skin, and does not hang loosely.
While most believe that adding 5 inches to this measurement is appropriate for one’s band length, Indian girls are better suited to go ahead and add a maximum of 3 inches.
The band of most brands of bras in India are made of elastic, which enables to give around 80% support for the breasts, with the straps, hence the shoulders, adjusting with only around 20% of the load.
In case the measurement is an odd number, just switch over to the next closest even number, since bra sizes are only available is such measurements.
Measuring the cups can be quite difficult for Indian women and girls. Regardless of what your size may be, there is no substitute to actually trying out the bra for yourself.
To find the perfect size of cups, the measuring tap needs to placed around the bust, at the point where the breasts are the fullest, and the most voluptuous.
The difference between this number, and the band length, is equal to one’s cup size.
|Cup size||AAAA or AAA||AA||A||B||C||D||DD or E||DDD or F||DDDD or G|
The above chart will prove to be helpful for the determination of cup size. There are however some aspects that need to kept in mind while referring to it. For example, the 36A cup will not have the same volume as 34A, or even 38A.
So if you are, for example, trying on a 36A sized-bra and the cup fits perfectly, but the band seems a little loose, it’s probably a good idea to switch down a a band sized 34, with C cups since you would need the same volume as in the 36A bra.
These numbers can often be confusing and misleading, which is why you are are advised to depend more on trying different bras for yourself, rather than seeking out one of the measurement you believe you need.
Tips For Indian Girls And Women
Getting the perfect fitting bra can be quite difficult for most girls, since there are a number of bra brands in India. Here are some basic and elementary tips to get your breasts the best fit possible while looking through the many bra sizes in India:
- Don’t try to measure your own stats. It isn’t possible for your own hands to provide you with an accurate measurement, which is why it’s important that you allow somebody else to do it for you.
- Many Indian women tend to develop sagging breasts over time, which is why while another person is taking your measurement, pull up your straps, so that they can get the measuring tape under your breasts, and get an accurate measurement.
- When we say 36B, for example, the number half of this representation is to denote the band, while the alphabet is represents the cup size.
- While going for a measurement, do not wear a padded bra, or for that matter, ensure that there is no padding between your bust and the tape.
- The measurement can be done over a thin cotton bra or t-shirt; anything thick, that can compromise the measurement, should be taken off.
- Your fitting can change over time; there is no one constant when it comes to size of your breasts, which is why bras change sizes too.
- Don’t compromise with uncomfortable fits; being shy while getting your bust measured can lead to serious long-term side effects, which is why women should be comfortable and patience while doing so.
The above video is self-explanatory about the many bra sizes available for girls and women in India. Wearing the wrong sizes can pose serious threats to one’s body, aside from its obvious detrimental effects on the perkiness of one’s assets.
Let us know your own experiences while selecting between the many sizes of bras in the comments below.