If there is something that all of us need at this point of time in the year, i.e. December, it is to take care of out skin and hair. Here are some essential hair tips for winter in India that men and women should pay special attention to.
Winters in India can be quite damaging for one’s hair, which tend to dry up, and become straw-like. In order to ensure that the top of your head doesn’t loose its usual shine, beauty and health, it’s important to take care of them.
Here are some essential hair care tips for winter:
- First and foremost, always, and we mean always, cover the top of your head. You can make use of a scarf or a cap to protect yourself. The dry air of this season tends to drain the moisture contained in the scalp, which makes the strands dry and frizzy. This also results in a lot of dandruff and fall – so it’s strongly recommended that you follow this step at the very least. Another thing, don’t put your cap or scarp too tightly over your head, since it would probably end up doing more harm than good by hindering the circulation of blood.
- Don’t forget to apply a conditioner daily during the winter season in India. It helps to keep your scalp moisturized, and also protects and nourishes it.
- Using hot water on your head during the cold season in India is among the worst things you could possibly do. The heat damages the texture of your growth, and also makes it loose its moisture. Only use lukewarm water on your head during the winters.
- Never comb your hair while they are still wet. This is especially important to observe during the colder months, since it is known to cause a lot of entangling and breakage, among other things.
- We all love the feeling of hot air coming from a blow dryer, but regardless of how good it may feel, your hair aren’t feeling all that good. This is because they are loosing all their moisture while being blow-dried.
- After conditioning, run a little cold water through them to provide them that extra shine and bounce.
- Make use of “dry shampoos”, an example of which is baby talcum powder, which when sprinkled over, leaves the strands smooth and without any knots.
- There is a lot of static energy that is generated during the winter season in India, which makes one’s hair charged and prone to breakage while combing. The best way to combat this problem is to use static-free brushes.
- There’s nothing better than a hot oil massage for replenishing all the lost nutrients in your scalp. It will get you your lost sheen and health back in no time.
- We don’t tend to drink enough water during the winters, but it is very important that we do so. Water is effective for countering the effect of dryness that is caused in this season.
- You can also opt for a hair spa or a replenishing mask at your local salon or parlor. It will be of great help to rehydrate and repair your dry, frizzy and damaged hair during the long Indian winter months.
- A more radical exercise that you follow is to trim your hair by half an inch every month. This ensures that they grow faster, and are therefore also healthier. This is also a great solution for those of you who suffer from the problem of split-ends.
- Remember that your diet is also extremely important for the overall health of your body, which also includes the scalp and strands.
The above tips are great for all those who want to help their scalp endure the winters without damage. These hair tips for winter are just few of the many things that you can do to keep your locks from withering away.