If you are amongst a growing number of women in India who are looking to get their lips just right, then these lips care tips will give you exactly want you need. Here are some essential tips you just can’t do without.
Many of us are used to subjecting this very visible part of our face to indifferent treatment. Men just don’t care, and women use whatever products they can get their hands on without putting much thought into it.
Getting them to look good can drastically enhance the way one looks. Scientists have found that the size of somebody’s lips plays a key role in determining whether they are sexually attractive to other people.
An article by BBC Health quoted a psychologist explaining that men like women with big lips (not too big though), whereas medium sized ones are probably better on men. There is no reason for panic in case you don’t fit the above classification.
A host of great cosmetic products have made it simpler than ever to play around with this vital part of our faces. As a women in India, it’s time for you to look exactly the way you want to!
The Do-It-Yourself Guide For India
Never underestimate the importance of a good lip balm. They help to moisturize this tactile sensory organ so that they look good everyday even without any cosmetics on.
A good organic balm will do wonders, by preventing them from getting chapped, as well as giving them a healthy glow. Some balms like Neutrogena contain SPF so that you can step out in the sun without having to worry. While opting for a balm, it is best to go in for the organic or natural balms as they contain lesser chemicals. These balms are a great option for both men and women in India.
- Lip Gloss
For those who want a simpler appearance, glosses instead of lipsticks are a great alternative. They add luster, and are perfect for casual and semi-formal settings. Since a gloss makes look fuller, women with thicker ones should generally avoid using too much.
A good gloss applied on top of your balm will give them a shimmering appearance, and highlight your face even if you have no makeup on. Give it a shot!
Most of us go wrong when choosing a suitable lipstick colour. Choosing the right shade is very critical. Indians with fair skin generally have more options. They can choose from brighter colours like pinks and peaches.
Those of us with darker skin look nicer in shades of coffee, or caramel. A good tone for your skin is one that is just a tad deeper than your natural lip color. It is a good idea to experiment with shades at a beauty salon or a cosmetics store before you buy these often expensive cosmetic products.
You can apply a shade on your lower lip to see if it is a little deeper than the natural color on your upper lip. If yes, you have found the perfect shade to get those perfect kissable and appealing lips.
The best way to apply it is after moisturizing them with a good balm. If you want to opt for a fuller look, a pencil can be used to outline. This should generally be a shade lighter than your lipstick. After you apply it, add some gloss over it if you like the shimmering appearance.
Essential Tips For Lips Care In India
- The lipstick shade that you choose should be appropriate to the occasion. Very strong colours during the day will only attract too much attention.
- Avoid products with too many chemicals. Always opt for a skin care products that have a herbal base. Apply the same philosophy when shopping for makeup in India. Products that contain carmine are a strict no-no. It comes from beetles! You don’t want that on your face now do you?
- Indian women with bigger lips should opt for muted shades, whereas those with smaller ones can use a liner to outline the shape to get a fuller look.
- Never include a red share in your makeup with a red outfit. Red is one of the strongest shades and adds a sensual appearance, but if you overdo it, there is nothing worse. It looks best only when worn with simple and dark outfits. Modify your makeup accordingly.
- Lastly, if you are very dissatisfied the shape or size, you could opt for an enhancement. However, these surgeries should be considered only as the very last resort as they can go horribly wrong, and are above all, they are far too expensive for any middle class family. A simpler option is to take out some time, and experiment with lipstick shades and liners. Those of us who are not in favor of lip makeup can experiment with eye makeup instead as the two are symbiotic in nature.
Do let us know what you think about these tips in the comments below. We also look forward to reading more about your experiences with makeup. Send us a photograph, and even some tips of your own, and see it included on the site with your personal bio.
While society is obsessed with fairer skin, it would be advisable to note that not only is the world obsessed with the unique Indian dusky complexion, but it also seeks to adopt it as their own. Walk tall, and walk proud. That concludes our guide of lips care tips for women in India. Let’s see you flaunt it now!