When looking for that perfect underwear in the many lingerie shops that have sprouted up, it helps to first know about the types of panties for women in India. Let us help you understand just that.When you go shopping for underwear, it’s always a good idea to have a specific style in mind. The idea is not to fill your cupboard with same kind of lingerie over the years. Most Indian women tend to stick to the normal, generic styles for their entire life. We are here to tell you to stop right now, and choose a type that make you feel beautiful.
Stop choosing the same choices over and over again, and go for some of the many types of panties we have listed below for you. Remember this – you live only once, so make the most of it.
Without any further encouragement, let’s begin looking at what panties you should considering checking out at the closest lingerie store:
Briefs by itself can be of many kinds. But to define them broadly – briefs are underwear for women that covers the buttocks, and rises up to the waist, just below the navel.
Some of the popular variations include:
- The Classic Cut – covers the thighs, and extends below the hips. This is generally worn by prepubescent and younger girls.
- The Boyleg – are also known as boy-shorts, since they are styled on common men’s briefs. They cover the hips completely, and also boast of padded fabric for the inner thighs.
- The French Cut – is generally known to people as the the “high-cut” brief. This is because it exposes more of the hips than most other similar underwear styles. It’s definitely a sexier choice when contemplating between the many available types.
- The Control Briefs – extends from the waist down, to offer support and render a rather slim appearance. Fabric that is extremely stretchable is used, which is why one would find spandex to be the dominant material here.
Hipsters are quite similar to briefs. The only difference between hipsters and the later, is that they are worn lower around the hips. The very name derives from the quality of these panties to “hug the hips”.
Tanga underwear are minimal to medium in shape. This can vary from brand to brand. They cover both the front and the back with triangular pieces of cloth connected together by a narrow elastic waistband. While traditionally worn by natives in Amazon, these interestingly designed style is making quite a comeback, courtesy brands like Victoria’s Secret.
Bikinis are also worn at the hips, but the fabric on both sides tends to be just thin straps. When compared to other types of women’s underwear available in the market today, this type reveals much more, especially of the rear end. String bikinis are another type where the the sides are are string-thin.
If you’re planning to buy a thing, then we salute you – being adventurous is worth just that. Thongs have a waistband that is very similar to tangas, with the major difference being that it doesn’t cover the buttocks all that much. Amongst the many types available for women today, thongs are set to take the urban markets on one adventurous trip.
There are quite a variations when it comes to thongs; here are a few of them:
- G String – This has an inverted triangular strip of elastic or cloth on the sides, and has a similar strip that rests in between the buttocks.
- The V String – is quite similar to the G sting, with the only difference being that it has two strings that come together to over the groin region.
- C String - This is a comparatively new type which eliminates the need for the waistband altogether. A special frame is employed to hold the fabric in place. It comes to good use when wearing satin dresses to prevent the outline from panties from appearing, and even when going to the beach to prevent the development of uneven tan lines.
- Cheeky – This particular variety is the most conservative of all things. The bottom fabric is narrow and rests between the buttocks, whereas the sides are covered with wider fabric which stretches towards the front too.
Some designers are known to produce some special designs for their brands – so keep an eye out for it. Indian, as a country, hasn’t yet opened up to being a little adventurous when it comes to innerwear. But it’s about time!
Do let us know about your own personal experiences. That concludes our list of the many types of panties for women in India.