A completely home made remedy for dark and dry knees is easy to concoct. But first it’s important to comprehend why this condition is significant enough to be paid attention to.
While everyone takes knees that are dry and dark for granted, and natural – this is not always the case.Many women with great legs, feel awkward to wear shorts, skirts, or dresses because of ugly dark and dry knees. Having great legs does not only mean long, toned, hairless legs – it has a lot to do with the appearance of knees.
Apart from that, it is not only the appearance, but also the way dry knees feel that is quite unappealing. If your partner ever complains, this can be an embarrassing issue. Knees, much like elbows, don’t have the essential oils that keep other areas of the body moisturized. Apart from that, constant rubbing against the cloth makes them even more dry.
The reason they are dark, is that melanin production happens in areas where the joints meet each other, thus giving these area a darker look than the rest of the skin.
A word of caution: If you find you elbow or knee skin to be extremely dry, and flaky; it is advisable to see a dermatologist to ensure that you don’t suffer from Psoriasis.
Skin Care Tips For Dark, Dry Knees
Following the below mentioned steps that will make your knee skin soft, supple, and brighten the complexion:
- Firstly, wash your knees with a moisturizing soap. Remember to not use harsh, clearing soaps on your knees, or for that matter, any where on your body. Your knees lack essential oils, and using a drying soap will just make the matter worse. So, clean your knees with a moisturizing soap or body wash.
- Next, soak them in warm water to make then skin go soft. Use a scrub, with a walnut or apricot base to gently scrub your knees. This will remove any impurities, and also the flaky dry skin. This will also take care of any tan that has accumulated on this area.
- You may use a pumice stone for this purpose, lemon juice with brown sugar can also be used as a scrub and a skin lightener in one.
- Wipe clean your knees with a towel, do not rub. Again, we are trying to minimize the loss of oil here.
- The next step is to lighten the skin. A normal bleach can be used for this purpose, but if a little more effort is put in, then a natural home made bleach is always a better idea. Take some lemon juice, with olive oil/grape-seed oil, glycerin, and non-pasteurized or non-boiled milk. Turn this into a paste, and apply. Keep it for about 15 minutes. Then wash off with some warm water.
- The next step is to moisturize. It would be a good idea to carry a bottle of Vitamin E oil, Olive oil, Shea butter, or Cocoa butter with your where ever your go. Use this moisturizer after every few hours.
The trick to having smooth, fair knees is simple if the regimen is followed everyday. By taking out 20 minutes of your time, you never need to think about problems of dry dark knees which look ugly and unappealing.
Take the time out to follow these simple skin care tips for dry, dark knees, and you’ll have they looking much better in no time.